The Friends of the Delaware County Women’s Commission is seeking applicants for our 2017 Rising Star Scholarship Awards:
- Two (2) one thousand dollar ($1,000) scholarships will be awarded.
- One is designated for a female Delaware County high school senior entering college in the Fall of 2017. The other is for a resident of Delaware County who is a current full or part-time undergraduate woman student of a two or four year college.
- The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the recipient’s college or university accounts.
- Application requires candidates to submit an academic transcript, a resume which includes work, community service and leadership experience, letter of reference from a faculty member or employer, and a personal essay of 500 words or less.
- The topic of the essay is Pay Equity and the opportunities available for women and girls that might not have been available in the past.
- The recipients will be recognized at a spring event sponsored by the Friends.
- Applications should be sent to Carol Dougherty, Awards Committee Chair, c/o Garrison Law Offices, 300 W. State Street, Suite 304, Media, PA 19063 or by email to email@example.com.
- Deadline for submission is April 28, 2017 and awardees will be notified by May 15, 2017.