Don’t Tell a Woman She Can’t
Cheryl Colleluori , Founder, HEADstrong Foundation
Beating the Odds: Rising Up in the Face of Adversity
Christa Hayburn, Coordinator of Marketing and Social Media Communications, Women Organized Against Rape
- The Art of Networking—In Person and Online: Lynne Williams
- What Should I Run For? Choosing to Run for Office: Jasmine E. Sessoms, Founder/CEO She Can Win
- Getting Organized: Carrie Kauffman, Owner, Carrie’s Essential Services
- Be Your Best—The Power of Fitness & Positivity: Stacey Cutler, Owner, Fit Body Boot Camp
- Buy or Rent at Any Age: Janae Alberts, Realtor
- Basic Budget Finance: Kay Falcow, Director of Finance, Sun East Federal Credit Union
RSVP and get your tickets now at https://womenomics.weebly.com/!
FOWC members and other event sponsors get a $5 discount!
2018 Rising Star Scholarship Awards!
The Friends of the Delaware County Women’s Commission is seeking applicants for our 2018 Rising Star scholarship awards.
Two one-thousand dollar ($1,000) scholarships will be awarded. One is designated for a female Delaware County high school senior entering college in fall 2018. The other is for a resident of Delaware County who is a current full or part-time undergraduate woman student of a two or four year college. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the recipients’ college or university accounts. To apply, please submit the following:
1. Academic transcript
2. Resume to include work, community service and leadership experience
3. Letter of reference from a faculty member or employer
4. Personal essay of 500 words or less. The topic of the essay is Pay Equity:
How do you see the impact on opportunities available for women and girls
Applications should be sent to Carol Dougherty, Awards Committee Chair c/o Law
Offices, 8 W. Front Street, Media, PA 19063 or by email to
email@example.com. Deadline for submission is April 23, 2018.
This year’s theme is Nevertheless, She Persisted: Women Who Fight All Forms of Discrimination. Award recipients include: Hall of Fame: Linda Houldin, and Women of Achievement: Cheryl Colleluori, Dr. L. Joy Gates Black, and Mary Susan “Mares” Stellfox.